Located on the banks of the Moscow River, 10 kilometres southeast of Moscow, the Imperial Estate of Kolomenskoye is the former summer residence of the 16th century tsars. In this beautiful setting, the park has an architectural ensemble of inestimable historical value.
There are two exceptional churches: the Church of Our Lady of Kazan dating from the 17th century, and the Church of the Ascension, built in 1532 to celebrate the birth of Ivan the Terrible. This is one of the first examples of traditional pyramid-roofed churches of stone and brick, which served as the model for subsequent religious buildings in and outside Russia.
In 1918, this architectural wonder was proclaimed a public good and outstanding cultural and historical monument. On the way here, stop at the home of Peter the Great, a hut built of wood brought from Arkhangelsk. A museum presents the treasures of Kolomenskoye and the model of the palace of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich, built in 1667 and destroyed in the 18th century by Catherine II.
Imperial Estate of Kolomenskoye
+7 499 782 89 17